Friday, October 8, 2010

The Week At Work and Some Odds and Ends

So my first week at Casa Larga is drawing to a close and its been a wonderful eye opening experience.  I've found that I haven't forgotten nearly as much about wine as I had previously thought.  Also for the first time I've realized a lot about what goes in to getting a bottle of wine ready to for the shelf... And I haven't even done anything pre-bottling!  I spent the first 4 days of this week putting numbered decals on the neck of their new vintages of Ice wine, Vidal Blanc, Riesling, and Cabernet Franc, to be specific (see above photo for the Cab Franc varietal).  I haven't had a chance to sample the Riesling or the Cab Franc but the new release 07 Vidal is pretty tasty and it might be something I do a review on.   So thats pretty much been this week in work, I am going in the next hour or so and will find out what is on the plate of things to do today.  I'll keep you posted!

On to some other news, Wine Sense  is having their weekly free tasting from 5-7pm tonight and its a chance to get out an get your Sniff and Sip on.   This is only my second day of working on this I will be digging around Rochester and locating any tastings I can find and posting them here, be they paid or free.  Also on Wednesday my wife and I were able to attend a tasting at the Lovin' Cup at RIT's little retail quad (sorry I don't know the name of the area yet) where they were doing a New York vs. California wine tasting.  This wine drinker does have a slight bias towards New York wines.... but that aside there was some fun samples there.  There was a great Chardonnay from Fox Run that was a great drink.  Also there was a Chenin Blanc from California that I wish I remembered the name of!  So I'll get back to you as things progress, again I'm open to comments on subject and just typical discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment